Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

This afternoon, while I was taking a stroll in my local Target Store, I had a need for some chicken enchiladas.  So I wheeled my cart through the food aisles for some chicken, tortillas, and cheddar cheese.  


After I got home, I threw some chicken in a pan with a dab of butter, and let it simmer for a while.
Then the rest of ingredients got thrown in...cream cheese, picante sauce, cumin and cheddar cheese.

After simmering for about 10 minutes, enough time for the cheese to melted. It was time to assembly.


To start, I warmed the tortillas so they don't crack during assembly.


Next I dropped 1/3 cup of chicken mixture on tortillas.


Rolled them up and place in baking dish.  Repeat for all tortillas


Cover with taco sauce


and sprinkle with cheese.  YUM-O!!!!


Then you need to wait about 20-25 minutes until they are bubbly hot.

Plate and Serve


So good!!!



Chicken Enchiladas


what you need
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken
  • 1 cup cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup picante sauce
  • 3 oz cream cheese
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 1/2 cup taco sauce
  • 8 6" flour tortillas
make it
Combine chicken, onion, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, cream cheese, picante sauce and cumin; saute and melt. Put 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto flour tortilla.
Place filled tortilla in shallow, greased baking dish. Top with taco sauce and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 15-20 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment