Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

This past summer, we spent an afternoon at my dad's blueberry patch. We came home with a couple buckets of blueberries.  Now I have all these blueberries in the freezer and I have tried out quite a few different recipes for the prefect blueberry muffins.


Well, the word got out that I wasn't happy with the recipes I had tried.  My Aunt Lucy spent me these recipe and I finally got around to making these a few days ago.  I agree with my aunt, these are the BEST muffins.








what you need
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 TBSP butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 2 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1-1/2 to 2 cups blueberries
make it
Cream sugar and butter. Add egg and beat well. Add sour cream and mix. Combine the dry ingredients and add. Sprinkle 1 TBSP flour on blueberries and fold into batter. Fill muffin cups, sprinkle with sugar and bake at 350 degrees about 20-25 minutes (depends on size if muffins, but don't overbake).
Notes
Makes 1 dozen larger muffins. These are the best BB muffins! Don't overbeat or they get tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment