I putt together a cookbook for Brendan's fourth grade as an auction item for the School's harvest sale. I had all the students submit a favorite recipe and I wanted pictures in the cookbook so I made about 18 of the recipes (it wasn't a good thing for the weight lose thing.) So I made the snack mix that my amazing friend Chelle's son submitted and it's to die for....I fall head over heels in love with it. It's an best mixture of salty and sweet...it's a good thing that I had to give some away otherwise I would have eaten the whole bunch.
Fritos Sweet Snack Mix
*2 cups brown sugar
*2 sticks butter
*1/2 cup Karo® syrup
*1 box rice Chex®
*1 bag Fritos®
*1 can peanuts or mixed nuts (I used peanuts)
*1 bag M&M's®
1. In a large bowl mix all dry ingredients (minus the M&M's).
2. Bring sugar, butter and syrup to a boil.
3. Pour caramel mixture over the mix and stir.
4. Spread in two 9x13 cake pans.
5. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, stir and bake another 8 minutes.
6. Pour in brown paper bag to cool, mixing every so often to keep from clumping together.
7. Once totally cool, add M&M's.