Don't tell the boys but I found the recipe on the weight watchers website. It was so good and simple to made.
Here's the original recipe. I didn't make it quite like this but I'm sure it would taste very simple to mine. I substituted Hawaiian Punch for the cranberry because that's what I had in the house. Also I didn't use the Greek yogurt and lemon zest. My boys love using the reddi-whip so that what they had on theirs and I ate just the pie. Plus one tenth of the pie wasn't near enough...I probably had more like a sixth of the pie. :)
Fresh Strawberry Pie
|2 pound(s) strawberries, hulled, sliced (save 3 small berries for garnish)|
|3/4 cup(s) sugar, granulated|
|1/2 cup(s) cranberry juice cocktail, or cranberry-strawberry juice|
|1/4 cup(s) cornstarch|
|6 oz Ready Crust 25% Less-Fat Graham Cracker Ready pie crust|
|1 cup(s) fat-free vanilla yogurt, Greek-style|
|1 tsp lemon zest, finely grated|
- Combine 3 cups sliced strawberries, sugar and juice in a medium saucepan.
- Mash berries in pan with a potato masher; stir in cornstarch and bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, until very thick, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly and then stir in remaining sliced strawberries. Scrape into pie crust.
- Let cool slightly; cover loosely with plastic lid from pie crust. Refrigerate until set, at least 4 hours (you can then freeze the pie for a little while if desired, to make it easier to slice).
- To serve, in a medium bowl, stir together vanilla yogurt and lemon zest until blended. Spread on top of pie, leaving a border around edges so strawberry filling shows. Slice reserved strawberries and use them to garnish pie. Slice pie into 10 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving.
- This pie can be made ahead 1 day but top it with the yogurt mixture shortly before serving.
If you cut this into 8 pieces, it is 7 PointsPlus values per slice.