So like I said on my last post, I've been spending a lot of time on Pinterest.com and am finding tons of new recipes to try. After my original plan for dinner back fired on me (I was on pinterest and the soup burnt to the bottom of the pan. It stunk up the house!!!) I had to come up with something different. Seeing how Mike is in the field harvesting corn, I quickly thought of this tasty looking pizza bites. I threw a batch together and the boys eat the whole thing...so I had to make another batch and brought those out to Mike for supper....I'm already sick of harvesting season.
Pepperoni Pizza Bites
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni sliced, chopped
- 1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 24-cup mini-muffin pan. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, & salt ; whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in the mozzarella, Parmesan and pepperoni; let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Stir the batter and divide among the mini-muffin cups. Bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, microwave the pizza sauce until warmed through. Serve the puffs with the pizza sauce for dipping.
These would also be great as an appetizer...Enjoy!!!!