Thursday, February 14, 2013

Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin

It's Valentine's Day,

 A Day  of Love,

& one of the best way to show love to your family is to cook for them. 

 

A couple years ago, I started a little tradition of making a special meal for all my boys on Valentines Day, except with a yummy dessert.  This year I decided to try a new pork tenderloin recipe I found on Pinterest.  It was so good, even the kids ate it without smothering in ketchup.




Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin
4 tbs butter
2 tbs honey
1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed
1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1/2 tsp black pepper
3/4 cup water
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an ovenproof pot, heat butter and honey over medium heat until melted. Sprinkle pork tenderloin with Cajun seasoning and black pepper. Brown each side for 5 minutes in the honey butter. Lower heat if honey begins to burn.
Place pot in oven and roast uncovered for 15 - 20 minutes*. Remove pot from oven and transfer the pork to a plate. Cover with foil. Add water to the pot and stir over medium heat. Simmer for about 5 minutes, until sauce is reduced slightly. Slice pork on the diagonal and drizzle sauce over top to serve.

*NOTE: May need to cook longer depending on the size and thickness of the pork tenderloin.
  
(and yes mine did take longer, but then again I did use a 4.5 lb tenderloin.  I am a sucker when it comes to cooking two meals at once so  I will throw half of the tenderloin in the freezer and pull it out in a couple weeks for the boys to eat when I'm in Guatemala.)
 
Along with the pork tenderloin we also had heart shaped potatoes
 
 
homemade bread
 
and Red Velvet Cupcake push pops. 
 
I loved spent time with all my Valentine's tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment