Sunday, March 21, 2010

Creme Filled Cookies

Let me go back a few years when Brendan was in kindergarten.   He made a recipe card holder;  I believe it was for a Mother's day gift.   Along with the holder was a recipe for these awesome little cookies. (Thanks, Wendy!!!)   The only down fall is the recipe doesn't make very many cookie sandwiches; I think today I only got 10 sandwiches from the one batch.  But I guess that way we don't have a ton of cookies around the house either...and that's a good thing :)

First I mixed the ingredients together, shaped with dough into 1" balls, and baked them in a 350 degree oven
Here's what we get - these lovely chocolate morsels

yum!  Then after the cookies have cooled, I need to get some frosting.  

Now the easy way it to buy a container of frosting and slap some between 2 cookies.  But today, I didn't have a jar of frosting in the house, so I made a quick and easy recipe.

Now for frosting the cookies, my boys think the more frosting....

the better.

Then stack another cookie on top.

Enjoy!!!


Creme Filled Cookie


what you need
  • 1 box of chocolate cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 container of ready made frosting
make it
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all cookie ingredients; mix well. Firmly shape dough into 1' balls. Place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 9-13 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet. Spread frosting between 2 cooled cookies. Enjoy!


In case you want to make the frosting here's the recipe I used.

Easy Vanilla Frosting

what you need
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 4 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk or cream
make it
In a large bowl, beat together the butter, shortening, and salt till fluffy. Add about half the confectioners' sugar, and beat slowly until well blended. Add the vanilla and half the milk or cream, and beat until fluffy. Continue mixing in sugar and milk alternately until they've been completely incorporated. Beat until the frosting is light and fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment