Sunday, March 14, 2010

Almond Strawberry Lettuce Salad *UPDATED*

Once a month, we head to the lake shore to have Sunday lunch at my parents house.  My mom takes care of the main course, and all us, daughter try and chip in with a salad, rolls or dessert.


The last couple months I have gotten stuck taking a salad...the same salad because it's soooo good.  You'll just have to take my word for it, because I don't have any pictures for this one.




Almond Strawberry Lettuce Salad

what you need
  • 1 bag of romaine Lettuce
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 8 oz sliced strawberries
  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds
  • 3 TBSP sugar
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Dressing ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 TBSP poppy seeds
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1-1/2 TBSP sour cream
make it
Tear all lettuce into pieces and put into salad bowl. Add onions, then strawberries in layers. In nonstick stove top pan heat and stir almonds and 3 TBSP sugar on mew low heat until sugar in liquidized. Cook almonds and then add to salad. Top salad with mozzarella cheese.

In dressing shaker bottle, add all dressing ingredients and shade until well mixed. Can pour over salad or serve as a side dressing.

The only suggestion I have is only use 1/4 cup of milk so the dressing isn't so running.

Try it I doubt you will be disappointed.  It's so Delish!!!!
 updated on 4/12/10.  Here's a picture of the salad I recently took.

No comments:

Post a Comment