Monday, May 3, 2010

Taco Pie

*For those who follow this blog regular, I'm sorry that I just posted pictures on Monday.  I had wanted to upload the pictures, save the post and them add to it later.  I didn't realize that the pictures were posted.  So for that I'm sorry.  on onto the blog post.*

Living on a cow farm, we have beef...lots of beef.  I make hamburgers, meatloaf, tacos, taco pies, anything and everything that has burger.   It's easiest for me to fry up a couple pounds of burger at once, season it with taco seasoning and throw it back in the freezer  We usually have this about once every 2 to 3 weeks.  It's a kid's favorite in our house.

gather the ingredients: chips, pie crust, cheese, sour cream, & taco meat
roll the pie crust out and place in pie plate, I prefer to use the ready made crust, but if you'd like, go ahead and make it from scratch.  Then spread a layer of crushed taco chips, you know the crumbs at the bottom of the bag.
drop the taco meat in next,  ( I actually used some leftover taco soup on this day...that's why there's corn and beans mixed in with the meat.)
next spread a thick layer of sour cream over the meat.


throw  a large handful of cheddar cheese on next,
and finally top with more crushed chips

As you can see, the boys loved it so much that there was only a few crumb left in the bottom of the pie plate from dinner.

Taco Pie

what you need
  • 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
  • 1 pkg taco seasoning
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 pie crust
  • 1 cup taco chips
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
make it
Brown and drain ground beef; add taco seasoning & water, simmer. 

In an unbaked pie crust, layer taco chips, meat mixture, and sour cream. Sprinkle with cheese and top with taco chips.

Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cara,
    I don't know if I ever told you... I follow this blog and I tried the recipes for creme filled cookies, and the strawberry lettuce salad on Spring Break-- Thank you!

    ReplyDelete