Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pull Apart Cinnamon Sugar Bread

As I was blog hopping today, I came across this recipe for a Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Bread that I just had to try.  It looks so good, so delicious that I just couldn't stop thinking about it...and that's not good when you're trying to lose weight.


As I hauled out my "new to me" bread machine (Thanks Kate!!!)  and throw the ingredient into the machine for the dough.  I must say this was sooo much easier to assemble and let rise than regular cinnamon rolls...or at least it seems that way.

So without further ado, here's the recipe.

First let's make the dough.
3/4 cup milk, ( 90-100degrees F)
1 egg, large
3 cups bread flour
3 TBLS sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 TBLS butter, melted
1 1/2 tsp fast rise yeast.

Put the wet ingredients into the pan in the machine.  Then put the dry ingredient minus the yeast in next.  Last but not least the yeast gets thrown on up.  Set the Bread Machine to the dough setting and then press start.

Once the dough cycle is finished, it's time to roll up the dough and put the yummy goodness on top.  Roll the dough out until it's about 12 x 20 then top with 4 TBLS of melted butter, a bunch of brown sugar, cinnamon and a touch of nutmeg.  I know those aren't really technical terms when it comes to baking but it works.  Put as much or as little  gooey goodness as you want.

Now comes the hard part...take your pizza cutter and cut the dough into 6 equal rows.  Stack the rows on top of each other and then cut the stack into 6 stacks. (head over here to see the pictures).  Transfer the stacks into a greased and floured 9 x 5 bread pan.

Let the bread raise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes or until  the dough doubles in size.

Bake at 350 degrees 30-35 minutes, until the top is very golden brown.  (If the top isn't very golden brown the middle may still be raw.  )  Let the bread cool 20 minutes before you take out of the pan.

I would have to agree with Joy the Baker...it is best the day it's baked.   EnJOY!!!!!

(we added a powder sugar glaze to the top for more yummy-ness and calories, but you do what works for you.)

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. I might just have to pull out my bread machine!!

    ReplyDelete